More coughing and spluttering

Not a good night last night. I was woken up at 12.10am by the dulcet sounds of Lenny coughing 🙁 by 2.00am I had to get up and give him a dose of coconut oil and honey to try to alleviate the irritation for him. He finally settled down around 4.00am.

When we got up around 7.30am he started coughing again and chucked up something horrible (which I am assuming is a consequence of his teeth and nose and all the blood and muck that goes down his throat on a daily basis).

Popped in to our local veterinary satellite clinic this morning and the vet will speak to my vet and see what he suggests.

In addition his tail is looking really bad this morning. It hasn’t been this bad in years 🙁

It’s no good, he’s going to have to stop wagging it!

Coughing and Spluttering

You go away for two minutes and it all goes to poop!

Lisa started coughing last Friday while I was away and the OH took her up Saturday morning to the vets to get her checked over given her recent “turn”. She was given Eupenclav and Metacam and Steve was told to take her back on Tuesday if no better.

I arrived home Monday evening to hear her coughing and then heard Leo start coughing too…ears pricked…kennel cough 🙁

Lisa is still on the Eupenclav and Prednisona now too and we have had to start Leo on Amoxicilina yesterday morning and he was coughing so bad yesterday evening that we kicked in with the Prednisona for him too.

Now, this afternoon there are little coughs coming from Lenny :’(

The only dog at the moment that isn’t giving me any headaches is Roddy (though he is gaining weight, but then he has always been a portly chap).

Lisa finishes her Prednisona on Friday so I am hoping that it will all clear up by then, but Leo really worried us last night as his coughing was so violent. We chucked a spoonful of honey and coconut oil down both him and Lisa and that certainly seemed to ease the irritation but we’ll have to wait and see if the others escape it.

Needless to say we are keeping a very serious eye on Lenny and the old boy Albert. We were under the impression that with all of the medication Lenny is already on that the cough wouldn’t touch him, but it doesn’t look that way. The infections he is already fighting in terms of his periodontitis are bad enough for him and although he has a strong heart these infections are undoubtedly going to start building up.

We hope to hear by the end of this week from the specialist regarding Lenny and whether we will have any advantage in removing his teeth to combat the infections which cause the abscesses, or whether they are all part of the “lumps and bumps” he has in his body.

I am not sure which is best for him at the moment, to continue as he is or to proceed with a mass extraction. The risk to his health from yet another anaesthetic doesn’t bode well but I may be the lesser of two evils.

To top it all his tail is now flaring up again. This hasn’t been a problem for us for over 3 years but it is obviously bothering the little man on and off.

We’ll keep you posted.